International Seed Federation celebrates the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables
Image credit: International Seed Federation
The International Seed Federation celebrated World Health Day and the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables with business leaders and plant breeders, who shared how fruits and vegetables have been - and continue to be - made more nutritious and accessible for people all over the world.
The panel talked about how today's consumers behave and what they value: health, convenience, and reducing waste, among others. Plant breeders are helping to encourage people to eat more fruits and vegetables by developing varieties that meet the tastes and preferences of consumers, as well as crops that are resistant to pests and diseases and can grow in the off-season, ensuring availability of fresh fruits and vegetables all year.
- Vicente Navarro, Chair ISF Vegetable & Ornamental Section; Senior VP, BASF Global Vegetable Seeds
- Frédéric Rosseneu, Corporate Business Development Manager, Greenyard
- Szabolcs Ruthner, ISF Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Karina van Leeuwen, Crop Breeding Manager, East-West Seed
- Lisette van Noord, Breeder Aubrika, Rijk Zwaan