16th ICC Cereal and Bread Congress
The 16th ICBC conference will be held in Christchurch, New Zealand between the 15th and the 17th of April 2020 and is continuing the established ICC event series.
The International Association of Cereal Science and Technology was formed in 1955 at the 3rd International Cereals and Bread Congress and is the foremost international organisations in our field dedicated to international cooperation, the dissemination of knowledge, and the improvement in safety and quality of cereal-based foods. The Association has its headquarters in Vienna, Austria but has members represented from all five continents including industry and academia.
The conference will feature plenary sessions; concurrent sessions embracing the challenges and opportunities facing the cereal science community; poster displays and competitions; a networking dinner for all our contributors to develop long lasting collaborations throughout the world; industry focused workshops; a trade display for equipment and food manufacturing; and of course the opportunity to participate on study tours to acquaint yourself with the culture, food and environment of New Zealand.
Themes for the conference include:
- Cereal nutrition for health-conscious consumers
- Food safety and security
- Sustainable agricultural technology systems
- Milling and bread making technology
- Novel processing techniques for extrusion and biscuit making
- Noodle quality and acceptability
- Wholegrains, their definition and utilisation in foods
- Molecular approaches to grain breeding
- Global supply chain and trade
- Alternative grain crops
- Analytical methods for quality determination
- Consumer perception of grain-based foods