A new Production Manager position has opened up at Manildra Mill, Australia
Image credit: Manildra Mill
Manildra Mill, in Central West NSW is the largest flourmill in Australia. This mill grinds wheat to produce a full range of flours, from low-protein biscuit flours and protein-enriched flours through to household and baker's flours and specialty flours and premixes tailored to the needs of our customers, both domestically and in many export markets.
An opportunity has become available to join their Senior Management Team. This is a great opportunity to work for an Australian owned and operated Agri-business. Reporting to the Mill Site Manager, this is a hands-on role in all matters relating to production.
About the position
As the Production Manager, you will manage the milling production operations across the site and oversee the milling production teams as well as other associated functions. The production unit ensures the effective and efficient delivery of quality and strategic focussed milling services to support the organisations performance and business improvement.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all workers
- Manage and report on production requirements across the entire site
- Review equipment and maintenance requirements
- Develop, implement, monitor & review policies, systems and procedures to provide efficient and cost effective delivery of product
- Liaise with relevant parties on production requirements and scheduling the plant production and monitoring of raw materials
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice in the workplace
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to ensure objectives are achieved on time and within budget
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and
To be successful in this position:
- Fully qualified flour miller with additional Milling School experience desirable
- Minimum 10+ years' experience working in operations or leadership roles in a multi discipline, complex manufacturing environment
- Exposure to working within agricultural and food manufacturing industry
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience in production management, organisation and planning and problem solving methods
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with an ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders including senior and line management and permanent and casual employees
- Computer literate with experience executing spreadsheets and reports
- Ability to act and manage autonomously
- Previous experience with technical aspects of Buhler equipment and technology
Applications to be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 31 May 2021
For more information about the Manildra Group visit their website, HERE.